DEVIANT TRAILER | TRAIN TO BUSAN 2: Peninsula (2020)


Train To Busan 2: Peninsula...you say? Well...what are you waiting for??

The first Train To Busan  film was pretty goddamn great. It took us all by surprise and reinvigorated the zombie subgenre with its small and contained story and its ability to use what it had to wow us with every frame. While it felt small...it also had the ability to present its story on a global scale, with smart storytelling and tight character development. Clearly...it's "sequel" looks anything but small and contained.

Check it out for yourself!







See what I'm saying? I mean...it looks cool and all...but, I dunno. I'm getting some not so great over-the-top Resident Evil  sequel nonsense vibes to this thing. For one thing...this one definitely DOES NOT look small and contained. It looks goddamn crazy! I mean...did you guys see that freakin' zombie blog thingy that comes out of that arena door??! Holy Christ...that craziness! Am I a fan of crazy? Well...yes. But it has to also have good storytelling and stellar characters...which is yet to be determined. Another thing that is keeping this installment from knocking my expectations out of the park...is that it won't have this guy...


Which will suck bigtime. Because I love me some Ma Dong-Seok. But, still...Sang-ho Yeon won me the hell over with his first film...and he's the one behind this "sequel". I put the word "sequel" in quotations...because, I dunno. It doesn't really feel like a sequel yet. More like another take on the same subgenre. Anyway...look for Train To Busan 2: Peninsula...when it comes out...ummm...well....who the hell knows when this thing will arrive?? I mean...who the hell knows when any film will ever arrive again?? With a film like this, tho...I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on some kind of streaming gig. Just a shame that things like film festivals and whatnot...are being shelved right now and there won't be any words like..."the reaction for Sundance is..." being typed out anywhere in the near future. Kinda feels like we're living in our very own "Peninsula"...huh? Yikes. Anyway...look for this film soon (somewhere)!



Thanks for reading,

bryan.




Comments