DEVIANT TRAILER | ABRAKADABRA (2018)


Last time we checked in on the Onetti Brothers...they were preparing to launch the crazy-looking love letter to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...What The Waters Left Behind. I'm still excited to see that one. However...I just got word that they are debuting their latest giallo effort...ABRAKADABRA...and I think I wet myself a little bit when I watched the trailer.

I peed.

Yes...I peed...a little. Because this fucking trailer is fucking sumptuous. Allow me to be a little candid here...Luciano was kind enough to let me listen to a snippet of the score he created for this film...ages ago. He mentioned that it was for an upcoming giallo he was doing. He said that this one was far different from anything that he's done before. When I listened to it...I told him that it was fucking bonkers...in a good way. But...Christ, man...there was no context to that bit of music back then when I listened to it. Now...watching this trailer...it all falls into place perfectly. There's a ton to unpack here...so, let's just let the trailer speak for itself...shall we??







Sick...right??! Here's some stuff from the press release to give you details:

"Dante, The Great", a prestigious magician, accidentally dies during a risky magic trick. Thirty-five years later his son Lorenzo, also a magician, presents a magic show in one of the most important theaters in the city. From then on, a series of murders will begin to take place and will attempt to incriminate him. Lorenzo must discover who and why seeks to involve him before it is too late...
“Abrakadabra” is starred by Germán Baudino (“What the Waters Left Behind”, “2/11 Day of the Dead”) y María Eugenia Rigón (“Deadpoint”), and also starring Clara Kovacic (“I am So, Tita from Buenos Aires”, “Jasmine”), Ivi Brickell (“Until it happens”, “Parasomnia”), Gustavo D´Alessandro (“Francesca”), Raúl Gederlini (“Francesca”) y Pablo Vilela (“Giants of Mexico”).

Pretty goddamn amazing...huh? ABRAKADABRA  makes its world premiere at the upcoming SITGES Film Festival in October...and it is said to be the final film in the Onetti brothers' Giallo Trilogy...which kinda bums me out a little bit...because I want to see more of this stuff from these talented brothers. Ok...I'm gonna come out and declare a bold statement...ready?? The Onetti Brothers are the best Giallo filmmakers creating new giallo content working today! Francesca  was a beautiful work of art...and Sonno Profondo  was some serious next level filmmaking. After this gorgeous trailer...ABRAKADABRA  just shot up to the top of my MUST SEE list...over the new Halloween  film and the fucking Suspiria  remake. Why? Because it offers original content, while wearing its influence proudly on its sleeve. It's not a re-imagining...or a gimmicky sequel. This one looks like the real deal...and it is exactly what the genre needs right now. No word yet on when we'll be able to see the film...but, I promise that I will let you guys know when I know. You know? 

In the meantime...here are some amazing stills that I found in my inbox earlier today...please enjoy...





For more ABRAKADABRA...follow the film HERE and HERE!



Thanks for reading,

bryan.




Comments