Corey Haim Bites The Bullet

Hello, friends. It is Wednesday, March 10th and Corey Haim has been found dead in Los Angeles this morning of an apparent drug overdose. Surprised? Yeah...me neither. I'm actually kind of relieved for him that he died so young. I'm not exactly sure what it's like to be a drug addict but, I suspect it's an agonizing journey. Imagine a life full of trying to get clean and then ultimately falling off the wagon over and over and over....and then one day ending up on Celebrity Rehab for all the world to see. Humiliating and painful. But, anyway...it is what it is. Why am I posting this news here? Well...Mr. Haim was a HUGE 80's star. License To Drive, Lucas, Dream a Little Dream are just a few of his bonafide classics. Most notable to me, however, is Lost Boys and my favorite of his...Silver Bullet. Silver Bullet is my personal favorite werewolf genre film. It even has another Hollywood wacko in it...Gary Busey (who is still breathing!). Asthetically, it is not the best werewolf movie made...I mean it pales in comparison to a film like An American Werewolf in London. But, what Silver Bullet lacks in horror it makes up in charm and heart. It was probably my first introduction to Corey Haim....and it is what I remember best from him. Lost Boys will go down as one of my favorite vampire films but, I enjoyed Silver Bullet more. I recently watched his work in Crank 2: High Voltage and was a little put-off by his onscreen presence. The man was a shell of himself. Sad.

Anyway, fuck the short-lived The Two Coreys (I'm actually surprised Feldman outlasted Haim). Fuck all the shit that goes along with fame and fortune and Hollywood. Do yourself a favor and watch Silver Bullet and remember a time when all was right.


Thanks for reading,

bryan.




Corey Haim: December 23rd, 1971 - March 10th, 2010



Comments

  1. Silver Bullet was WAAAAAAY better the American Werewolf in London...well may be not WAAAAAAY better...but better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, that creepy German zombie dude was in AWIL....

    Ok, ya got me....I don't think I sat all the way through either.

    Silver Bullet wins because the book has Bernie Wrightson art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Buddy just dropped in to say hi =D smooches dear friend <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment